Google Chrome 80.0.3987.100

Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier. Google Chrome also uses a brand new javascript engine (V8), which is much faster than existing javascript interpreters. This means you can create more complex and more intensive AJAX applications with fewer speed and processing constraints. Finally, Google Chrome is built on top of Blink (WebKit fork), so Google Chrome users will benefit from the CSS3 features being added to Blink (WebKit fork) as those features are released.

Thanks to Astron for the update.

Download


Comments

I switched back to version 79, version 80 freezes at startup and uses 1.8 gb of ram... anyone having this problem or is it just me?

1 hour ago, ShevA said:

I switched back to version 79, version 80 freezes at startup and uses 1.8 gb of ram... anyone having this problem or is it just me?

Something is wrong in Your settings or with User Data  (if You want my opinion, then it is problem with User Data => Default folder, if You hven't made Your personal). 
Current 80 runs much better, smoothly than any of 79.x versions.

I installed again version 80 but no luck, i guess i'll stick with 79 for now, thanks for the quick reply.

8 hours ago, ShevA said:

I installed again version 80 but no luck, i guess i'll stick with 79 for now, thanks for the quick reply.

Here's a image with my problem.

https://imgur.com/a/0e20gSB

chances that there extensions running on your background, disable extensions one by one to know the root cause.

10 hours ago, zanderthunder said:

chances that there extensions running on your background, disable extensions one by one to know the root cause.

I found the culprit, it was an extension as you said (HTTPS Everywhere), thank you for your help, much appreciated.

5 hours ago, ShevA said:

I found the culprit, it was an extension as you said (HTTPS Everywhere), thank you for your help, much appreciated.

AFAIK, the latest version of Chrome should have HTTPS redirection by default (meaning HTTP is changed to HTTPS), the upcoming version of Chrome (Chrome 83) will block downloads from http and only permits downloads from https.